Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Final Countdown

Today is Wednesday... that means in three days I will be on a plane heading eastward to Washington D.C. I'm looking forward to it all. To be honest, I know very little about what I will be doing. I know I will be working in the White House Office of Presidential Correspondence. So, I will be apart of the team of people that sorts through and reads the President's incoming mail. I have attached a video, if you look at the 1:30 mark, you will see the little interns... yup... that will be me.

A lot is going through my mind as I am preparing for my two and a half month journey to Washington. I am wondering what to pack, I am worried for my wife who I will be leaving in Logan, I am wondering about my six roommates (other interns from Utah), I am worried about finances (it is an unpaid internship), I am worried about getting chores done before I leave (oil changes, selling textbooks, etc.), and I am thinking about a million other things.

Although there are a lot of uncertainties, I am confident that this is right for me. I went through quite the process trying to figure out if this is right. I am confident. When I tell people I am doing this for the Summer, I get a lot of positive reaction... that is until I tell them that my wife is NOT coming with me and I will NOT be getting paid. Then people ask me, "Why?" That is still something I am trying to figure out.

Enjoy my blog, I am going to try to post something everyday. (Don't hold me to it.) It may be a long post, it may just be a picture, but stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it already, ShawnyBoy! Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete