Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 34 - In the land where one may or may not live next door to the PBS headquarters

This will be a light post filled with more pictures than words.

This is a creation I made the other night. It is rice with chicken and cream of chicken and broccoli. Usually when I make this I like to keep the rice and the goop separate, but due to my limited tupperware space and for convinience sake, I combined. I made a ton. I take it to work and eat it for dinner. I like it. I think I will continue to do something like this, make a huge quantity of something and eat it for days. Yum.


I have previously accounted my experiences/joys/struggles living with six roommates. Here is a struggle. As common in many single man apartments, garbage stacks up real high and everyone hopes someone else will take it out. Notice we have two garbages and garbage is beginning to pile up beside the cans. I took this pic right before I took it out. Lucky me. 


Food truck. These are very common especially around the touristy sights. I have yet to buy food from them, its a big gamble. I guess its sort of like your local gas station, you never know how long those hot dogs have been rolling there. I'm sure at some point I will break down and get a dog. I love me a dog.

This is from the same spot, just looking north. Here you can see a truck selling souvenirs. These are everywhere too. They are the crappiest souvenirs know to man. Anyone who buys anything from these trucks is a sucker. They are in for a big surprise when they take their tie-dye I heart DC t-shirts home and it falls apart in the washer. 
I hope my feelings concerning these trucks are clear.
Don't get me wrong I love the TV show NCIS, but I would never buy a shirt with the logo just because I am in the same area where the show is based. Ridiculous. 


About two weeks ago I went back to the Air and Space Museum after work. I had been there previously, but had not been able to see it all. It was a treat to return as the crowds had significantly diminished. 
These are two week old pics, but you will enjoy them nonetheless, if you don't, you hate air and space.
The above picture is a NASA rocket plane, this is the first plane to go Mach 2 (Two times faster than the speed of sound). Neat.


Display of Amelia Earhart. One of her planes.

One of four rocket blasters that were on the bottom of the Mercury rockets that put men in space and on the moon.



So, if you were wondering where the PBS headquarters were (I'm sure you have spent many a sleepless nights wondering), it is right outside my window. In fact as I am writing this, I sit under the PBS building in a underground mall thing. Neat huh!?!? No?

This is the view from my balcony. 


This is the view from my bedroom window. 
I'm not going to lie, PBS never had that much of an impact on me, as I grew up with cable. Many of my friends, including my wife, are big PBS advocates as they grew up with Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street.
This may be particularly interesting these days as now our country is having major budget issues. PBS and NPR have been and still are on the chopping block as options to cut spending and reduce deficit. That would be sad to see those organizations diminish and perhaps vanish, but sacrifices must occur. (ok ok, I won't get all political)

Right now, I look to the corner of my screen and see that it is exactly 11:00 pm. Exactly 24 hours from now, my wife will be landing at Reagan National Airport. I can't wait. I may or may not post on the blog tomorrow before she comes, but I will definitely not blog while she is here. You'll have to wait till Tuesday night or Wednesday. I will document our adventures.
I am so excited for her to come. I haven't seen my wife in over a month. 

This will be an awesome Independence Day in the Nation's Capital with my wife.

2 comments:

  1. Correction: the rocket is Saturn, not Mercury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made that correction...before I did. I noticed immediately that it certainly was not the Mercury.

    ReplyDelete